A psychiatrist, Martin Dysart, has thrust on him a singularly disturbed young patient, Alan Strang. The teen-ager has committed the shocking act of blinding six horses. A magistrate compassionately seeks to spare Alan from the criminal justice system by handing him over the her friend, Martin, expecting him to help the young man resolve whatever is his problem … become happier … or less anguished … something in that direction.
- Art Review | Thomas Hart Benton’s America Today Mural Rediscovered | Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Review | Red by John Logan | With Alfred Molina and Eddie Redmayne | Directed by Michael Grandage | Golden Theater
- Art Review | Boxer at Rest, Greek bronze sculpture of the Hellenistic period, late 4th-2nd century B.C., loan exhibit | Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC, June 1 – July 15, 2013
- Film Note | The Intouchables | Starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy | Directed by Olivier Nakache and Erik Toledano | French with English Subtitles
- Film Note | Cave of Forgotten Dreams | Written and Directed by Werner Herzog
59E59 Theaters A. R. Gurney Anton Chekhov Atlantic Theater Company Austin Pendleton awards Bay Street Theatre Bertolt Brecht Brian Kulick Charlotte Moore Cherry Lane Theatre Classic Stage Company David Greenspan David Ives Ensemble Studio Theatre Eugene O’Neill festival Flea Theater Foundry Theatre Fringe Festival Guild Hall Irish Repertory Theatre J. R. Sullivan Jim Simpson La Mama Metropolitan Museum of Art Mint Theater Company Moliere musical National Theatre New York Theatre Workshop North Fork Community Theatre Pearl Theatre Company political theater press release Public Theater Sean McNall Shakespeare Signature Theatre Tennessee Williams The Bats Thomas Bradshaw Woody Allen Wooster Group world premiere