After great success with his plays Waiting for Left and Awake and Sing! in 1935 — and a stint of movie writing in Hollywood — Odets returned to Broadway with Golden Boy in 1937. Being familiar with the first two plays, I looked forward to a chance to get to know Golden Boy. I wanted to like it. I even expected to be excited by it.
- Film Note | Meek's Cutoff | Starring Michelle Williams, Bruce Greenwood, Rod Rondeaux | Directed by Kelly Reichardt
- Review | Red by John Logan | With Alfred Molina and Eddie Redmayne | Directed by Michael Grandage | Golden Theater
- Art Review | Max Beckmann in New York | Exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum, NY | October 19, 2016 – February 20, 2017
- Musical Review | Madame Bovary | Based on the Novel by Gustave Flaubert | Adaptation, Music and Lyrics Paul Dick | Direction and Choreography Marlene Thorn Taber | PASSAJJ Productions
- Opera Review | Slow Dusk and Markheim by Carlisle Floyd | New Chamber Arrangements by Inessa Zaretsky and Raymond J. Lustig | Little Opera Theatre of NY | 59E59 Theaters
59E59 Theaters A. R. Gurney Anton Chekhov Atlantic Theater Company Austin Pendleton awards Bay Street Theatre Bertolt Brecht Brian Kulick Charlotte Moore Cherry Lane Theatre Classic Stage Company David Greenspan David Ives Ensemble Studio Theatre Eugene O’Neill festival Flea Theater Foundry Theatre Fringe Festival Guild Hall Irish Repertory Theatre J. R. Sullivan Jim Simpson La Mama Metropolitan Museum of Art Mint Theater Company Moliere musical National Theatre New York Theatre Workshop North Fork Community Theatre Pearl Theatre Company political theater press release Public Theater Sean McNall Shakespeare Signature Theatre Tennessee Williams The Bats Thomas Bradshaw Woody Allen Wooster Group world premiere